Boat Rentals Terms & Conditions
Certificate of Competence
- BoatCenter only contracts boat rentals with holders of certificate of competence suitable to the vessel and the navigation area;
- When the client is in short of a certificate of competence, Boatcenter will provide a Skipper, for a fee, to comand the vessel;
- It is not allowed to the client to transfer the vessel on loan or hire
1. Our published rental prices are retail prices and include VAT:
- rated at 6% for rentals with mandatory skipper included(Greenline 48, Sunseeker Mustique 42, Chaparral 327 SSX, Chaparral 257 SSX, Vortex 223 VRX-JET)
- rated at 6% for boats (Jeanneau 695CC, Chaparral 191 Suncoast, Joker Clubman 22, Cobalt 253)Only if skipper is hired and added to the reservation, otherwise VAT 23% will have to be paid increasing final price. Please see each boat file for further details. Any questions on this please contact us directly.
2. We reserve the right to change prices at any time without previous warning.
3. Confirmed reservations will be honoured under the established conditions at the time of our validation.
Reservations and Payments
- Reservations can be made by: Website, e-mail, BoatCenter APP,telephone or at our shop
- Reservations are only valid after availability confirmation by BoatCenter and efective payment of 50% or 100%
- Payment should be 50% with reservation and 50% up to 30 days prior to embarkation or 100% for reservations acepted within less then 30 days before embarking.
- Safe deposit should be paid with rental payment or before embarkation;
- Up to 30 days prior to embarkation: free rebooking or 90% deposit refund
- Less then 30 days prior to embarkation: 75€ rebooking penalty or 70% refund
- Less then 7 days prior to embarkation: 200€ rebooking penalty or no refund
- Less then 48hours prior to embarkation: no refund
Cancelation due to bad weather
- On rentals up to 2 days: free rebooking or full refund, if the rental hadn’t started.
- -On rentals above 2 days: free rebooking for the unused period or full refund of the unused period. Applicable only if boat is returned to base.
- Safe deposit payment is mandatory for each vessel and for each rental in the amount stated on Charters/ Boat Rentals Price List. This payment can be done by Bank Wire Transfer / Debit/ Credit Card or in Cash. This value is intended to guarantee the payment of any damages derived from misuse or negligence, breach of the terms and conditions, claims or losses of equipment, lack of fuel replacement or delays in delivery of the vessel.
- This value will be returned in full, at the end of the rental, after verification of the good conditions of the boat;
- In case of any anomaly in the vessel, the value of the deposit will be retained by BoatCenter
- The bank fees inherent in the retention of the deposit by credit card are the responsibility of the client and will therefore be reflected in the remaining amount receivable.
Duration and Penalty of Delays
- The vessels can be rented for the following periods:
1 Day | Weekdays on a row | Weekend (Saturday and Sunday) | Week (7 days on a row) | 2 Weeks(14 days on a row) |
1 Mounth (30 days on a row) | Pack of 10 rentals:
- 10 rentals of 1 day to be booked by the client accordingly to the vessel’s availability.
- If the vessel chosen for the Pack of 10 is occupied on the date the customer intends to use it, the client may choose another similar vessel. If the client chooses a boat with a value higher than the contracted, the difference in value / day of the vessels in question must be paid. If the client chooses a vessel with a daily value lower than the one contracted, there will be no room for financial settlement;
- If the vessel is delivered outside the established return time, 10% of the daily rental value of the respective vessel will be charged within the first hour and 20% per fraction of 15 minutes after the first hour; In all the mentioned rental modalities, each extra day will be charged as 1 day rental price
Check In / Check Out
Full Day - 09h30 / 18h30 2 or more days: 09h30 - first day 18h30: Last day
Vessel’s conditions of delivery and return
- The customer must, together with BoatCenter, check the full status of the vessel both on delivery and on its return;
- The vessel is delivered with full fuel tank (Table 1) and the client has the options:
- to return the vessel in the same full fuel tank condition
- accept to pay the refuelling service on the amount of 36,90€ (30€ + VAT) plus the value per engine hour stated on the vessel hour meter as in frame 1
Table 1 – value per engine hour stated on the vessel hour meter
Chaparral 191 Suncoast - 37,40 €/hourVAT inc
Chaparral Vortex 223 VRX - 85 €/hour VAT inc
Chaparral 257 SSX - 76,50 €/hour VAT inc
Jeanneau CC 695 - 37,40 €/hour VAT inc
Joker Clubman 22 - 51€/hour VAT inc
Glastron 205 GX - 51 €/hour VAT inc
Cobalt 253 - 76,50 €/hour VAT inc
- If any of these conditions, agreed before the rental taking place, is not observed, the cost of refueling extra service is due in the amount of 123€ (100€+VAT) plus the value of the fuel needed to fullfil the tank. In this situation the security deposit will be hold, being the eventual remaining returned to the client up to 72 hours after the rental finish.
- On the vessels mentioned on Table 2
The vessels may not be delivered to the client with full fuel tank. Refueling service is always based on the charge of 36,90€ (30€+VAT) plus value of engine hour stated on engine hour meter as per Table 2
Sunseeker Mustique 42 - 135 €/hour VAT inc
Chaparral 327 SSX - 136 €/hour VAT inc
Greenline 48 Fly - 105 €/hour VAT inc
- The rental prices announced by BoatCenter refer to the rental of vessels based at our facilities in Setúbal. If the customer wants the delivery / return to be carried out in another place, the transportation costs will add, depending on the destination.
- Our boats comply with Portuguese law as to mandatory insurance:
- -Civil responsibility towards third parties: 350.000€
- Personal injuries:
Funeral expenses: 750€ | Treatment expenses: 1000€ | Death or permanent invalidity: 10.000€
- BoatCenter, SA civil responsibility: 100.000€
- All our boats are also insured for total loss on their own value.
- Clients are advised to provide their own insurance in need or wish of greater or wider insurance coverage.
- The client will be held responsable for all damages and losses inflicted to the vessel and for all the infractions to the rental terms and conditions, maritime, civil and penal laws;
- The client will not use the vessel or allow its use by others: at any sportive competition | under the influence of alcool, drugs or any substances capable of reducing judgement capacities for the practice of crimes or transport of illegal goods.
- In case of loss of the vessel’s documents or vessel’s keys the client will pay a penalty of 50€;
- In case of vessel’s malfuntion during the rental, BoatCenter,SA will provide a similar replacement vessel or will refund the client in a proportional amount to the unused rental time.
- BoatCenter,SA will not be held responsable for clients lost property or abandoned items in the vessel during or after the rental period;
- The client is responsable for all the vessels equipment, and is commited to report to Boatcenter,SA any loss, theft or damage.
- The client shall be liable for all fines and other penalties imposed by the courts and authorities following any proceedings instituted in the course of the rental.